Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Winding Down ...

This has to be my favourite time of the year.

Especially knowing that I have a holiday around the corner and will be able to spend some time in my "happy place"! The anticipation of Christmas, the preparation, the lists, the baking, the thought going into those special gifts for special people ... last year I just couldn't get into the spirit of things. I suppose my situation at the time would not allow it and I just didn't have the energy for fun!

This year is very different! I have almost finished my Christmas shopping – I have NO intention of going to any Malls on holiday. The only shopping I want to do is grocery shopping! I have planned and packed our Christmas table decorations, next week I start baking and most of my gifts are bought, wrapped and labelled! Started getting my beach clothes together ... the excitement is almost too much!

But first, is the wind down at work. My first year-end function is tonight at the JSE Securities Exchange. The start of silly season! Lunches, office parties and Summer Cup! Handing over to assistants and making sure there are no outstanding queries or issues. So much to do in 16 days, hopefully it will help the time fly by.

As far as my Bucket List goes –crossed off another one – I have a tattoo! And I LOVE it! Makes me happy every time I see it! Two are a work in progress – planning a trip to the UK in July / August next year. Meeting up with two of my oldest friends, Jose (who lives in Austria) and Lynne (who lives in Scotland). That's something to look forward to. I have also planned to take horse riding lessons in the New Year, as soon as I get back in January.

A busy time ahead – I must just remain focused and in my "busyness" not forget to connect with the people who mean a lot to me!

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

That's uber impressive re the Xmas shopping.
And woah!! I'm coming upstairs to see that tattoo!!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I'm getting in the Christmas spirit early this year. I want to thoroughly enjoy it. Haven't started shopping though nor have I been to a Christmas party

linda said...

No update for a long time are you ok