Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Bucket List

One of my favourite movies was "The Bucket List" starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. Not only are they two very accomplished actors, I found the story sad and funny at the same time, as well as thought provoking. Imagine, logging down all the things you want to do before you die. Hope I still have a long wait – before I "kick the bucket" – maybe that where the term comes from? Anyone know?

My bucket list might not be all that exciting to some, but there a few things that deal with me facing my fears and there are some that are just "goals" – there isn't a single thing I want to regret not doing!

  • Bring my weight down and get in shape!
  • Visit America and meet a REAL cowboy!
  • Reunite with my old friends in the UK squeeze in a visit to Ascot
  • Lead in my very own horse on its first win
  • Have my own racing colours
  • Learn how to ride a horse not sure about this one – been told it's irresponsible!
  • Get a tattoo
  • Be the proud owner of a Merc
  • See David Essex live!
  • Have my own a Bed & Breakfast
  • Go on a cruise
  • Enjoy my own bowl of Beluga caviar washed down with a bottle of Krug 1988 Champagne

Not a very long list, but hey! Who says I can't add to it as I go along! I've already achieved the two highlighted in red! Mmmm! Time to start working on the next one!


 

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Looks like a good list to me :-)
Good on you for the first one :-)

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I think the best part of your bucket list is that its not one of those unachievable ones.