Friday, August 30, 2013

Fluff and Stuff!

I was going through my archive blogs – just seeing where I was this time last year, and the year before, and before that! Some of the memories are happy ones, some of them are sad, but all reminders of my life. I am so thankful for my blog and all the friends I have made through it! I found this meme which I took part in, in August 2009 and thought I would do it again – with changes highlighted in red! Just for fun ... and to see how much my life has changed!


 

  1. What time did you get up this morning? My alarm went off at 04h45 and I eventually got up at 05h15! I am really struggling in this cooler weather. I don't like getting up in the morning! Got up at 5- had my run – left home early for the "State of the Nation" address at work by Henry Blumenthal.

    2. How do you like your steak? Rare to medium rare with NO basting! I especially like a juicy rib eye!
    Nothing has changed, although I haven't had a good steak in a while!

    3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Do you know that I cannot remember! I think it might have been the one about the dog with Jennifer Aniston – what was it called … "Marley and Me!"
    Still not an avid movie goer, but the last one I saw was "The Great Gatsby" with my friend Kath, sometime in late June. I LOVED it!

    4. What is your favourite TV show? Not a big TV fan, but I do like the cooking programes, Masterchef being one of my favourites. Also like the Crime stories and some of the medical stuff!
    Still don't watch much TV, but now enjoy the racing channel!

    5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? You know, sometimes I have a big mouth and talk about leaving SA, but I think somewhere here – definitely in the country with a warm and cosy B & B!
    Would still love my B&B, and it would have to be in Assagay KZN – always been my "happy place"!

    6. What did you have for breakfast? A toasted bagel with strawberry jam and a hot chocolate!
    Muesli, Yoghurt and a cup of green tea

    7. What is your favourite cuisine? Hmmm! I like Thai cuisine, and seafood!
    At the moment – hahaha – nothing other than salad!

    8. What kind of food do you dislike? Tripe – kidneys, liver anything like that! Also NOT a big veggie fan!
    Liking veggies more and more – still hate the tripe stuff

    9. Favourite place to eat? Chiurresquera in Rosettenville or Bombay Palace in Olivedale. I also like The Meat Co. at Monte.
    Love Lupa in Hillcrest

    10. What kind of vehicle do you drive? A black VW Polo Player, TDi – my best car ever!
    New favourite – Merc C180 – totally in love!

    11. What are your favourite clothes? Casual – jeans or casual pants with a nice shirt and SANDALS – I hate wearing winter shoes!
    Pretty much the same!

    12. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Been to Europe and the UK a few times. I would like to visit the States and maybe New Zealand.
    The States and Australia

    13. Cup ½ empty or ½ full? Half full!
    Definitely half full

    14. Where would you want to retire? To the Natal Midlands -
    Assagay

    15. Favourite time of the day? Home time – leaving the office in the afternoon with a good drive home – enough time to clear my brain before getting home and preparing dinner!
    Late afternoon

    16. Where were you born? The Mary Mount, Johannesburg, South Africa
    – no change! J

    17. What is your favourite sport to watch? NOTHING – I hate watching sport on TV!
    Horse Racing

    18. Bird Watcher? No!
    Not


    19. Morning or night person? Morning I think!
    Night

    20. Do you have pets? We have three family pets – a border collie called Holly, a long haired Dachshund called Schatzie and a tame guinea fowl called Vinegar!
    Not even a husband!!

    21. New and exciting news you'd like to share? Nothing at all – same old, same old!
    ...nope!

    22. What did you want to be when you were little? Always a teacher – and I was for 12 years!
    .... still miss it sometimes!

    23. What is your best childhood memory? Family holidays, getting sunburnt and sitting on the beach with an ice-cream cone! Watching my dad and brothers fish off the rocks! Those were wonderful days!
    Always!

    24. Are you a cat or a dog person? I am not an animal person at all! They give me terrible hayfever, but I do prefer dogs to cats!
    Mmm ... totally don't mind – Stacey has cats and I really have become quite fond of them!

    25. Are you married? Yes, to Philip!
    No - single

    26. Always wear your seatbelt? ALWAYS!
    Always

    27. Been in a car accident? Only a bumper bashing! Thank God for that!
    Same

    28. Favorite pizza topping? Mozzarella, ham and pineapple.
    Bacon, feta and green pepper

    29. Favorite Flower? Daffodils
    Tulips

    30. Favorite Ice-cream? Chocolate-
    never have it anymore – but it would probably still be chocolate

    31. Favorite Fast food restaurant? Kentucky
    – don't like fast food !

    32. How many times did you fail your drivers test? Once
    - same

    33. Who did you get your last email from? Christine
    - Pat

    34. Which store would you choose to max your credit card on? Woolworths (Seems to be the most popular!)
    – Jenni Button

    33. Do anything spontaneous lately? Bought Time Share!
    Went to Assagay for a midweek break!

    34. Happy with your job? Most times! I have my moments!
    Yes

    35. Broccoli? No! –
    still not!

    36. What was your favorite vacation? Our trip to the Black Forest in Germany. It's a beautiful place! I felt as though I was living in a story book!
    Although I still loved our visit to the Black Forest – new memories in the making and I haven't travelled for a while!

    37. Last person you went out to dinner with? Philip and Stacey-
    Stacey

    38. What are listening to right now? Marlene coughing!
    – printer going

    39. What is your favourite colour? Blue -
    Pink

    40. How many tattoos do you have? Not one!
    Still none, but am planning on changing that

    41.. Coffee drinker? I don't mind it sometimes, but it's not my favorite. One cup a day is MORE than enough for me! And sometimes after a nice meal I don't mind a cup! Ezio's filter coffee is my favorite!
    Was drinking quite a bit, but have cut down to one a day again!

No comments: